My dear Kacvey,
It is generally said that the truth very often, and sometimes brutally, comes out of the mouth of babies and sucklings. But in the City of Tonlé Buon Mouk, it is the adult who stole that infantile privilege. You may ask what “truth” is it about?
The local media reported that the opposition would not protest at the Municipal Court on Friday 27 March 2015, when the hearing of 11 demonstrators who are accused of insurrection would take place. The “truth” was that on Friday, there was indeed no protest or demonstration to sympathize or to support the accused like it always happened since July 2014.
In fact this “truth” is the third of a series of “truth” that the opposition has untruthfully told its constituency. Let see the course of events:
1. 22 July 2014: the “truth” about entering the NA after a year of boycott, and through a secret pact with the the ruling party;
2. Then the negotiation for power sharing at the NA, leading to the drafting and voting for the elections laws in March 2015;
3. And now, the abandonment of combativeness, both in spirit and in action, and the confirmed transformation of opposition into partnership for power in ruling the country with the ruling party.
The whole scenario looks like a “M & A” in big finances, or “a fusion cuisine” in gastronomy.
Kacvey, could you see who are left out in the cold by the these sellout acts? Could you also open your eyes and ears to find some answers to the following questions:
– Cambodians who voted for the 55, did you vote for your candidates to become the opposition of your own political credo? Did you ever expect that your deputies would one day share the same bed with the same dreams with the ruling party? Did you ever anticipate that your representatives at the NA and those of the ruling parties are no different from birds of a feather that flocked together? Did you expect that your deputies would one day debase and pervert the integrity of your trust?
– Facebookers or youTubers of the after-28-July-2013-era-at-Freedom-Park, are the batteries of your iPhone now dead? If a pyre was set up at Freedom Park for the incineration of the opposition dogma and movement, would you record it and broadcast it the same way as you did between August 2013 and 6 January 2014?
May be those of the opposition who had a French education might know this question from Jean Renoir: “Is it possible to succeed without any act of betrayal?” Well, the straight answer is “No”. Period. “Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely”, said John Dalberg Acton.
Kacvey, as far as you are concerned, here are Abraham Lincoln’s words to assist you in deciding whom to vote for at the next elections: “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”