My dear Kacvey,
As a survivor of the KR régime, have you ever wondered whether the entire KR sinister entity or any KR or to a most intimate extent an ex-KR possessed any notion of “honor,” “dignity” and “integrity” when they committed genocide on their own people? Did the KR and ex-KRs set up Toul Slèng and the burying pits of cadavers in Cheung èk in the name of “honor” and “integrity” of their macabre ideology and doctrine?
You may ask why raising this question now when the ECCC is trying the remaining KR leaders? It is precisely that while this trial of the 2 remaining KR leaders is still on, the ex-KRs continue to rule Cambodia amassing fortune and power at the expense of the entire Khmer population. Now these same ex-KRs are setting a school of gruesome and horrifying thought that nobody could say anything that, in their state of mind, compromise their honor and dignity. Since they use the words “honor” and “dignity” without knowing what honor and dignity mean in terms of moral standards (BTW, do they understand these terminologies?), let raise some fundamental questions on how the surviving victims see and perceive through the heart and mind of the KR and ex-KRs in respect of human honor and dignity:
- Was it an act of honor and dignity when the KR and ex-KRs killed Cambodians and destroyed the tissue of the Khmer society?
- Did the KR and ex-KRs have honor and dignity when they cruelly tortured and bludgeoned innocent Cambodians throughout the
- Was it an act of honor and dignity when the KR and ex-KRs transform the entire country into an atrocious labor and concentration camp?
- Did the KR and ex-KRs shout honor and dignity when they pour the blood of the victims to paint the rice fields red?
- Was it an act of honor and dignity when the KR and ex-KRs transform the life of Cambodians into a state and status lower than a beast?
- Did the KR and ex-KRs have honor and dignity when they subject themselves to various foreign powers and forces to gain power and to hang on to it autocratically?
- Is it an act of honor and dignity when the ex-KRs transform freedom and democracy into autocracy, the rule of law into the law of the jungle, the land that free people own into the land of their own, and state institutions into institution of corruption?
- Do the ex-KRs have honor and dignity when they do not respect the honor and dignity of the people who are not cut from the same cloth as them and instead use threat as vehicle to silence opposing view and criticism?
Kacvey, do you recall the time in elementary school or at Lycée, when kids have to work so hard to earn a “Tableau d’Honneur” or “Tableau de Félicitation” that was later recorded in the “Livret Scolaire”?! Well, any honor must be earned; a person’s honor is what the other person recognizes. Self-granting-honor is pure garbage, altruistically speaking.
Furthermore, Herbert Hoover, once, said: “Honor is not the exclusive property of any political party.”